If you have ever been to the Central region, especially Da Nang city and enjoyed the seasoning noodle soup, you will surely be attracted to the rich flavor of this noodle dish.
It is not difficult to point out the attractiveness of Da Nang's vermicelli noodle soup, with its characteristic wedge sauce, mixed with the fleshiness of jackfruit and the aroma of raw vegetables with a slight fat of roasted peanuts. On the outside this noodle dish looks simple, may not even impress you at first, but the more you eat, the more you'll feel. In Ho Chi Minh City, it is very rare to have any restaurant specializing in food and in the right taste of Danang. So, with the way today, you will find the fascinating taste of the bun wedge sauce without having to go far away.
How to make Noodles with Vietnamese Fermented Anchovy Dipping Sauce in Da Nang? Raw materials for making wedge sauce
- Pineapple (pineapple): about 1/4 left
- Delicious fish sauce: 4 - 8 tablespoons
- Minced garlic, minced lemongrass: 1 tbsp
- Minced chili: 1 teaspoon
- Lean shoulder meat (or roast pork): 500 gr
- Microfiber noodle: 500 gr
- Roasted peanuts (peeled): 100 gr
- Fresh vegetables: lettuce, basil, sprouts, cucumber, herbs, papaya
- Spices: cooking oilHow to make Noodles with Vietnamese Fermented Anchovy Dipping Sauce in Da Nang
Step 1: Mix fish sauce and noodles
- Pineapple: you peel the outer shell, cut the fragrant eyes, rinse thoroughly and cut into small pieces, put in a blender or minced.
- For aromatic cups: 2 teaspoons minced garlic + 2 tablespoons fish sauce + 1 tablespoon boiling water + minced chili and stir gently for the ingredients to dissolve, tasting again to fit the family's taste. If you want more fragrant sauce, you can add a little onion, if you like the sour taste, you can squeeze about ½ lemon more, stir.
Step 2: Prepare other materials
- Pork, after being bought, wash with salt water to remove odors, then rinse with clean water, sprinkle in the pot to boil until the meat is cooked (do not overcook to avoid making wild meat), take out for into cold water and then cut into slices to taste.
- Raw vegetables, when purchased, are picked up, damaged, washed, drained and chopped.
- Jackfruit after buying you cut into thin pieces and put into a pot to boil, take out and put in cold water and then chopped.
- Vermicelli you can bare through boiling water, fish out.
Step 3: Presenting the noodle dish
- You put the chopped vegetables in the bowl first, next to the noodles, for boiled meat, sprinkle a little roasted peanuts, served with a cup of seasoning sauce that you have mixed. So you have finished the noodles and seasoning sauce.
The best way to make fish sauce
In this noodle dish, the way of mixing fish sauce will directly affect the flavor of the dish. So, in addition to the above, you can refer to some of the following fish sauce recipes:
- Method 1: You add 1 teaspoon minced garlic + 1 teaspoon chopped shallots + 1 chopped chili pepper in a pan with a little oil to cook up the aroma, followed by 2 tablespoons of seasoning sauce and stir well then add ½ pineapple and mince to boil and turn off the heat.
- Method 2: First, you make sweet and sour fish sauce in proportion: 4 tablespoons of cold water + 2 teaspoons of sugar + 2 teaspoons of fish sauce + 1 teaspoon of vinegar + 1 teaspoon of minced garlic + ½ lemon (squeezed with water to remove seeds) + ½ ground pineapple + 1 teaspoon ground lemongrass + 1 minced chili, stir well to mix all ingredients together Then, you add each spoon of seasoning sauce until the sauce has the right taste.
How to make wedges and noodles in Danang is quite simple, right? With just a few steps of operation, you will have instant noodles for the whole family to change super attractive taste.